TAGGING YOUR PHOTO POSTS
[only the person who uploaded the photo can tag people]
[When other people tag you in photos, these photos may show up on your profile.]
- To tag people in your photo as you’re sharing it:
- Tap Tag People from the Share screen.
- Tap on someone in the photo.
- Start entering their name or username and select them from the dropdown menu.
- If you don’t see the person you’re looking for, tap Search for a person.
- To add people to a photo you’ve already uploaded:
- Go to the photo.
- Tap (Apple iOS) or (Android) below the photo.
- Tap Tag People.
- MORE TIPS
MENTION ANOTHER USER IN YOUR POST
- To mention someone, type @ followed immediately by their username
(ex: “great photo, @shayne!”).
- Don’t include a space between @ and the username.
- The person you mention will get a notification in their Activity letting them know.
The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a post.
Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other posts marked with that keyword.
If your posts are set to public, you can add hashtags to your photos and videos. To tag a photo or video:
- Take a photo/video and choose a filter.
- On the screen you see after choosing a filter, type your hashtag in the Caption field (ex: #flower).
- If you want to tag a post you’ve already uploaded, edit the caption or include your #hashtag in a comment on your photo.
- After you tag your post with a hashtag, you’ll be able to tap the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos people have uploaded with that hashtag. Read our blog for more tips on using hashtags.
- When people with private profiles tag posts, they won’t appear publicly on hashtag pages.
Numbers are allowed in hashtags. However, spaces and special characters, like $ or %, won’t work.
- You can only tag your own posts. You can’t tag other people’s photos/videos.
- You can use up to 30 tags on a post.
- Don’t #spam #with #hashtags. Don’t over-tag a single
INSTAGRAM FOR BUSINESS
- Sign up for an Instagram account and choose a username that clearly represents your brand
- Add a profile photo, a biography and a link to your website
Link your account to Facebook and many other third-party sharing sites where you have an account. This will allow you to:
- Share photos to those services.
- Let your Facebook friends find you easily when using our Find Friends tool.
- It’ll also create a news story in Instagram for anyone who follows you on Facebook and has linked their Facebook account to Instagram.
- Announce to your Facebook followers that you’re on Instagram. Let them know your Instagram username and show non-iPhone/Android followers where they can see your Instagram photos.
- Use and search tags to connect with your audience.
- Try these tips for using hashtags
- Start sharing photos on Instagram and across your other social networks.
- MORE TIPS
MULTIPLE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS
You can now add up to 5 Instagram accounts and quickly switch between them without having to log out and log back in.
- How do I add and switch between multiple Instagram accounts?
- Go to your profile and tap or in the top right
- Scroll down and tap Add Account
- Enter the username and password of the account you’d like to add
- To switch between accounts you’ve added:
- Go to your profile
- Tap your username at the top of the screen
- Tap the account you’d like to switch to