You want to make sure set up your GMAIL account before you add your contacts and calendar to your IOS device.
IPHONE CALENDAR – VIEW YOUR CALENDAR APP
You have 2 CALENDAR options on your IOS device and both will sync with all of your devices and computer and are stored in the cloud…
- OPTION 1 – Download the Google Calendar APP
(If you use iCloud, an Exchange account, Outlook, or another email solution, there’s less reason to make the leap — the only negative currently is not being able to change the categories once you have added an event.)
- OPTION 2 – Set up the iPhone settings to sync with G-Calendar
OPTION 1 – GOOGLE CALENDAR APP
- First download the app to your devices [iphone, iPad]…https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-calendar/id909319292?mt=8
- Then login to the app with your google account.
- Events from Gmail – Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
- To-dos on your calendar – Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
- A new Schedule View – See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
- Assists to fill in your calendar – You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
- Different ways to view your calendar – Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
- All your calendars in one, easy place – Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.
- Cons… One huge fail that is that you cannot change the calendar account category that the event is assigned to once the event has been created.
OPTION 2 – iPHONE default CALENDAR – Sync Google Calendar
STEP 1… add account to your Phone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Now select Add Account… under Accounts.
- Tap Other.
- Choose Add CalDAV Account under Calendars.
- Fill in each FIELD…
For the SERVER field, enter www.google.com
Then your gmail account USER NAME [ie: firstname.lastname@example.org]
Then your gmail account PASSWORD
Then put “google calendar” under DESCRIPTION
- Tap Next.
STEP 2… Sync your new acct with Google Acct
Your iPhone Calendar can only sync with one calendaring source (ie: google or outlook).
- Go to Google Sync using the BROWSER on your phone… m.google.com/sync/settings/
- Select your iPhone under Manage devices. (it should show all your devices)
- This should take you to your CALENDAR SETTINGS.
Choose which calendars you want to sync to your phone.
- Tap Save and then close the Browser App.