We can help you create a consistent message for your brand [content creation, graphic design/images]. We can create a social media calendar to assist you in your marketing efforts. We can assist you in identifying which social networks to utilize, create and optimize your profile. We can train you to set up monthly statistics reports on your social medial pages.
How do you promote your brand?
Start by developing a clear brand voice so that you are delivering a consistent brand message. Define your company/personal values so that your marketing is a reflection of who you are. Define your audience and determine what will drive engagement… information, advice, discounts & coupons, etc. Be clear and direct with your messages (call to action).
- Website (every business needs a website… this is your first interaction with potential customers and it gives you credibility.)
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn – also assists increasing your SEO efforts)
- Online Ads (advertise on other existing business websites that target your audience)
- PPC (pay per click – google adwords)
- SEO (search engine optimization – organic traffic comes from content/keywords on the site & last longer but also take longer to achieve. Paid search results net you faster results but don’t always have long term value. )
- Flyers & Postcards (there are great online affordable options)
- Cold Calling
- Value Added (rewards cards, discounts for repeat customers, etc)
- Word of Mouth – customer to customer referrals. This is why customer service is so important. Your current clients are your best marketing tool.
- Business Networking – business to business referrals are a great way to build your client base. (Don’t look at other businesses as your competition – there are so many positive ways to support one another.)
Social Media Marketing
- Create a social media calendar…
Schedule of pre-written posts and topic ideas for all your social networks and when you will be posting. [Some social media allows you to schedule your posts in advance. Latergramme, will remind you to post on Instagram at times you specify.]
- Create content for social media page…
TBT, Follow Fridays, special promotions, product launches, special events, holidays, FYI & tips, link to articles, highlight clients, etc. Be creative and include links, images, quotes, reshares, and text-only posts.
- Content needs to be balanced & consistent…
Use the 5-3-2 Rule… Out of ten social media updates
5 should be content from others
3 should be from you, about your business
2 should be personal status updates.
- Use hashtags when you post…
This can help increase your followers. (Hashtags appear to others who search Instagram. Websta, an Instagram web viewer, shows the top 100 popular hashtags.]
Social Media Schedule
- Consider the frequency of how often you should be posting.
- Twitter: Frequency: 3-20 times a day Timeframe: 1-3PM
- Facebook: Frequency: 1 time per day Timeframe: 1-4PM
- Pinterest: Frequency: 5 times a day Timeframe: 2-4PM, and after 8PM.
- LinkedIn: Frequency: 1 time a day max Timeframe: 7AM-9AM, and 5-6PM
- Google +: Frequency: 1-2 times a day Timeframe: 9A-11AM
- Instagram: Frequency: 1-3 times a day Timeframe: 2-3PM and after 9PM